Homemade Hamburger Buns
1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
sesame seeds (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine, according to manufacturer’s directions. Select dough setting.
2. When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
3. Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1″ thick circle.
4. Cut each half into six 3 1/2″ rounds with inverted glass dipped in flour as a cutter. (If you want hotdog buns, shape them as such).
5. Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
6. Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
7. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.