Sorry, here is another post without a picture! When I made these last night, by the time dinner was ready to go on the table, it was pretty late and I was rushing and just didn't have time to snap any pics. Anywho...this French Dip recipe I found on Recipezaar not long ago. All of the dips I have made in the past have been really good, but the au jus was slightly weak. Not this bad boy!! This time the au jus was very flavorful, albeit salty. I'd probably suggest to reduce the soy sauce just a bit or make sure you use a reduced sodium soy sauce. Other than ending up super thirsty after dinner, these dips were fabulous!! I highly recommend them!
3 1/2 - 4 pounds boneless chuck roast
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
12 French rolls, split
1. Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients. Pour over roast.
3. Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
4. Cook, covered, on low for 7 hours or until very tender.
5. Remove roast, reserving broth.
6. You may shred roast with a fork and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.