Since I was scrounging for ideas requiring minimal ingredients, I didn't have high hopes for what I was set out to make. I decided on this recipe since I had everything on hand and just figured tonight would be a "blah" night for dinner. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found this recipe - I didn't credit it properly when I found it a while back. I do wish I could tell you where I got this, because, let me tell you, this chicken was anything but blah! Wow! This was soooooo good!! I mean, super duper good! Again, I found myself using fresh breadcrumbs (what have I been doing all these years?!) and I didn't have toast-crumbs syndrome like I did a while back. The garlic butter drizzled over the chicken was just...amazing...I just cannot stress to you how wonderful this dish was! That is, assuming you are a fan of garlic. If not, run far, far away. And have some toast crumbs while you are at it. For us normal garlic lovers, you must cook this, and very soon. You won't regret it!
Garlicky Baked Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper, to taste
1 stick butter
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups fresh bread crumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 350˚.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the garlic and pour into a shallow bowl.
4. In a pie plate or shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the cheese.
5. Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the garlic butter, coating well on all sides. Then dip the bread crumb mixture, patting them on so the coating is thick.
6. Place the chicken pieces in a shallow roasting pan and pat on any remaining bread crumb mixture. Drizzle any remaining garlic butter over the chicken pieces.
7. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown, basting several times with the pan juices. Serve hot.