Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
1 box Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 pouch (1 pound 1.5 oz) Better Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream
6 tablespoons butter
1. Heat oven to 350º. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray, or grease with shortening. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.
2. Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes.
4. While the brownies are cooling, prepare the chocolate ganache: In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage. Pour over the chocolate morsels. Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
5. Pour and spread ganache evenly over brownies. Allow ganache to rest and set for a few hours. Cut into bars.